And not necessarily when you’re having fun, hm?
It’s been – wow, over a year since I’ve posted anything on here. And MBTB has been similarly quiet for the same stretch of time. I miss it, in a way. You guys were my first real group of online friends, something I still cherish. Even though I feel like a totally different person than I was then, you can’t forget something so precious.
At least, not at my age. Give it seventy years or so, I might have forgotten things in my old age.
I might as well give an update on my life, since I haven’t spoken to you guys in a while, right? Okay! In chronological(…ish) order, here we are.
- My family went to Disney World August 2011, a week after that last post, actually. It was my first time in the States, lovely country. Apart from the gun control. And the blatant sexism and racism in Hollywood. And the lack of gun control. But hey, Obama! Canada was proud of that.
- I turned nineteen, which means legally able to drink here. Not that I did much.
- I tried Doctor Who, and became hooked.
- I registered at my university as a Bachelor of Science, enabling me to do engineering courses.
- I joined tumblr, which is – sort of like WordPress, but infinitely more casual. It’s quite nice, actually, fandoms are huge, the meta flows freely, and social justices are discussed heavily. I post a lot on my blog.
- People are also… lazy there, and even I’ve stopped typing properly in casual reblogged (You can reblog posts from others, allowing easy conversation!) posts.
- i tend to type more like this which i swore i’d never do
- Blargh, that feels unnatural outside tumblr, so back to grammar!~
- I started roleplaying on tumblr, and met many of my friends there – including Lyssie, my best friend. Unfortunaly she lives 4500 kilometers away in St. Louis, but she is so precious to me.
- I roleplay there as the tenth Doctor, independantly. Though I’m on hiatus for school right now, I’ve somehow managed to become… popular? For my Doctor. Over seven hundred people follow him, something I can’t believe. Here is a link to him!
- I applied for, and was accepted into, my unversity’s Engineering Major in the Process discipline. I love it.
- I turned twenty! That still feels weird to say, even almost two months later. To think that I’ll be thirty in a decade is sort of… wow.
- One of my friends got me to try the webcomic Homestuck, which, despite its terrible reputation… is actually amazing? No, really.
- My Thermodynamics course is kicking my ass.
I haven’t made much (Read: any) progress in my fics for The Lost Boys in a long time, now. I wish I could work on them more, but with MBTB being so silent, I feel like there’s just no audience for it. Nor do I even have the time to write them, though I’d love to again, one day. I write the occasional fic for Doctor Who, and I’m thinking about one or two for Homestuck, but nothing major. Something I do try to do a bit of work on is a dystopian scifi novel I’m calling Model 4419 – even though it won’t be written in its entirety for another… four years, or so, I’m still very pleased with it. There are a lot of ideas and social criticisms about society that I’m putting into it.
One thing I have done, since roleplaying on tumblr, is discover an unknown latent talent (Did anyone else ever notice how they are an anagram of one another, or is that just me?) for writing angst. And smut. Which I always swore I’d never write, but! There we are, hm?
I’m not entirely sure why I’m still talking, at this point. I’ve gone all dreamy-eyed for the past, reminisced about who I’ve become, and admitted that I still adore all of you. You really are my darlings – the people I talk to now are my bbs, but you! All of you are my darlings, and always will be.
And if any of you have skype, or want to talk again, I’d love it.